Tuesday, February 7, 2012

The Prophet - Book Tour Review

book cover art for The Prophet by K.J. Dahlen The Prophet
by K.J. Dahlen
Genres: Mystery, Suspense

     Two FBI agents are assisted by the local police and are hot on the trail of a grifter/serial killer who calls himself The Prophet. As they investigate further, they find that there is a lot more going on than meets the eye.

     This book has a great storyline, with several unanticipated twists. I can't help but feel that this needs to be thrown back into the oven because it's not quite done yet. With a little more research and development this could be a high caliber story.

     The FBI agents are the heroes of the story, so I assume they aren't supposed to be incompetent. Yet they make glaring errors in police procedures that even the most casual viewer of CSI or Law & Order would catch.

     I know that I am overly critical of editing errors in my reviews. It is my pet peeve that when I'm reading along and I hit a word in a sentence that just obviously does not belong there. It's like hitting a brick wall while driving 60 miles per hour, and my Kindle is not equipped with an air bag. There were a couple of occasions where I couldn't even tell from the context of the sentence what word had been intended. My grammar is not perfect, so I don't often nit pick about it, but there were a few instances of poor grammar that even I noticed.

     Overall I would have to say this book was very disappointing because the story itself has such huge potential. I would strongly urge the author to consider firing the editor that did her such a great disservice, have it re-edited, and publish the great novel that this plot aspires to be.

I give it 3 star review graphic 3 stars.


This post is brought you by Ever After PR.

No comments:

Post a Comment