Sunday, December 8, 2013

Section 51 - Serial Sunday Book Review

book cover art for Section 51 by V.G. Harrison Section 51
by V.G. Harrison
Book 1 in Project Solstice series
Genres: Science Fiction, Paranormal

     This book is a great combination of science fiction and paranormal. Ava Frost is a triplet who shares an empathic connection with both of her brothers. When she suddenly feels no connection to her closest brother, has trouble reaching him on the phone, and receives a bad vibe from him when she does speak with him she decides to pay a surprise visit to investigate. What she finds puts conspiracy theories to shame. Not only has the government tried to cover up the death of her brother, but they are genetically engineering what they hope to be an unstoppable army.

     The plot is full of action, incredibly entertaining, and well paced. The characters are well developed though I must admit that Ava makes me think of one of those annoying small dogs that will ferociously bark in an attempt to make up for their tiny stature, but really pose no threat beyond serious damage to your ankles. Her temper is very quick to flare and she seems to have no control over the empty threats that often flow from her mouth. I found myself often rolling my eyes to her comments, but she wasn't bad enough that I was rooting for the bad guys to kill her off. I have been known to feel this way for many plot protagonists.

     While this novel has several editing errors, it is a great read and a wonderful introduction to the series. I look forward to reading the second book in the series.

I give it 5 star review graphic 5 stars!

No comments:

Post a Comment