Friday, January 6, 2012

Cottage by the Sea - First Impressions

     I started this book last night, planning to read a few pages before bed. I had a hard time putting it down and forced myself to bed at 1am. I'm not a big reader of romance novels anymore. I used to like them back when I was young, optimistic, and still believed in knights in shining armor. Now I'm an old maid ... err ... confirmed bachelorette, and don't have much patience for the sappiness of traditional romances.
     I'm glad that I picked this book though as it isn't the typical romance story. There is an interesting subplot that isn't mentioned in the synopsis that I find intriguing. Don't worry, I'm not going to blab what it is. It is a pretty hefty book, weighing in at 544 pages, but well worth the read so far.

No comments:

Post a Comment