Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Jane Eyre - Review

book cover art of Jane Eyre by Charlotte Brontë Jane Eyre
by Charlotte Brontë
Genres: Classic, Romance

     This was yet another classic book that I went into blind. I hadn't even really wanted to read it, but it was the January selection for my facebook reading group. I was pleasantly surprised with this story.

     Jane Eyre was orphaned at an age where she didn't remember her parents and was raised by a real she-wolf of a mean aunt. She is sent away to a very strict school which sad to say, was an improvement on her aunt's residence. Read this book while dieting, you will appreciate the small portions you have consumed when Jane is grateful for having a whole slice of bread to herself.

     Jane does not lead an easy life, yet grows to be a charming, well educated, unassuming woman. Karma repays her for her lack of privilege growing up. This drama is incredibly entertaining, easy to read, a little predictable ... but not entirely. I would definitely recommend it.

This book is within the public domain and is a free ebook.

I give it 4 star review graphic 4 stars!

3 comments:

  1. I love Jane Eyre.
    Visiting back from Alexa blog hop. I wrote a review on Alexa for you and hope you will do the same.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This book sounds like a good one. thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've been MEANING to read this book FOREVER... maybe I'll have to pop over to Amazon and just order it already! :)

    ReplyDelete