Tuesday, April 2, 2013

Thomas Hoover - Featured Author April 2013

picture of author Thomas Hoover

Thomas Hoover

Main genres:
  Mystery & Thriller, Nonfiction

     I don't really have much of a system for choosing a featured author. I have a list of authors which I have four or more books on my "to read" list. Many of these authors are scheduled on their birth month when possible. When I found that I had no author scheduled for this month I went searching on Amazon and found Thomas Hoover. The synopsis of his books sound interesting and what I have read of his work so far is very entertaining. Most of his ebooks are free on Amazon, Barnes and Noble, Smashwords, and his website.

     This is only the second time that I have featured an author that isn't in the mainstream, and previously I had been working directly with the author. There isn't a lot of information on the internet about Hoover to compile my usual featured author biography. His first book, Zen Culture was inspired by a trip to Japan where he was enthralled with the almost magical effects of Zen Gardens. He has since moved into fiction. He holds a doctorate in oceanography and is an avid sailor. You can visit the author's website for more information and a list of his books.

This month I hope to read:

book cover art for Life Blood by Thomas Hoover
My Review
book cover art for Project Daedalus by Thomas Hoover
My Review
book cover art of Project Cyclops by Thomas Hoover
My Review
book cover art for Syndrome by Thomas Hoover

No comments:

Post a Comment