Thursday, May 16, 2013

Business Plans That Work - Book Review

book Business Plans that Work
by Cynthia Kocialski
Genres: Nonfiction, How-to

     This book is an excellent source of information for anyone that is thinking of starting their own business, or is in the process of it. The author provides many examples of pitfalls to avoid, strategies that work, and questions and situations that need to be contemplated to make your business work.

     The author, Cynthia Kocialski, points out several things that I wish I had known 10 years ago and that I can see now is why my business had originally failed. This book gives advice and help on determining your prospective company's target audience and how to market your product and/or service to your chosen group of consumers.

     Included in this book is great advice, points to ponder, examples of what has previously worked for others and what hasn't, and can help re-motivate entrepreneurs that may be floundering with a business that isn't meeting expectations and hopes.

     Despite several editing errors and oddly structured sentences, the text flows well and is quite coherent and easy to read. Kocialski's approach of a concept plan with a bit of flexibility to it instead of the more rigid approach of a formal business plan has certainly been the motivation and food for thought that I've needed as I proceed to more forward with my next business venture.

I give it 5 star review graphic 5 stars!

No comments:

Post a Comment