Friday, February 10, 2012

First Impressions of Moonstone

     This classic whodunnit by Wilkie Collins revolves around the Yellow Diamond, also known as the Moonstone, and its current disappearance. The story is told in first person narrative through the eyes of Gabriel Betteredge, an aging servant. I'm still not really familiar with the whole servant hierarchy thing, but he seems to be kind of like the butler as he is in charge of all the other servants. Which means he must of done it right? The butler always does it!

     Gabriel is a huge fan of the Robinson Crusoe book and mentions it often. I may have to read it sooner than I had originally intended after reading all of his praise of it. I'm usually very intuitive when it comes to plots but the police inspector in this book is way ahead of me. It seems like he already knows what happened to the Moonstone. As I'm only about 25% of the way through the book, I have to assume there is more to this story than just this initial crime.

     I'm really enjoying this book so far, but haven't gotten to the point yet where I just cannot put it down.

No comments:

Post a Comment