Thursday, February 2, 2012

Group Reads for February

     My goodreads book group picks both a classic book for children and one for adults. This month I hope to read both, as the children's pick is Around the World in 80 Days by Jules Verne. They have also selected Moonstone by Wilkie Collins. I must admit that I'm completely ignorant about this second book, never having heard of the book or the author. The synopsis sounds pretty good though and the group members who have read it give it glowing recommendations.

     My book group on facebook will be reading Little Women by Louise May Alcott this month. This group is geared more towards people with busy schedules as we only read 5 chapters a week. However, we're also some serious book worms who find it hard to read only 5 chapters and then put the book down. We haven't yet taken longer than a month to finish a book.

     These are some of the books you can look forward to me discussing this month, along with a couple of virtual book tours that I have scheduled next week, as well as two other reviews to be featured on our sister site, A Goddess of Frugality. Plus hopefully, the four modern books that I downloaded yesterday.

No comments:

Post a Comment