Wednesday, August 1, 2012

Review of Angel Evolution by David Estes

Angel Evolution
by David Estes
Book 1 of The Evolution Trilogy

     This book should come with a warning label. CAUTION: Do not start unless you have a nice chunk of free time in your schedule because you will not want to put it down. Luckily for me, I had the house to myself and scheduled to laze by the fire with my Kindle while ignoring the snow flakes fluttering outside the window behind me.

     The heroine is intelligent and sassy. The bad guy is, well it's not obvious who the bad guy is, as both of the main male characters are likeable but mysterious. The story flows easily, never bogged down by slow passages.

     The author uses a great mix of humor, foreshadowing, and suspense to keep you guessing who to believe is on the side of good or evil. I read through it in one sitting except when I grudgingly foraged the fridge for something I could eat cold while reading, and the couple of times I remembered to stoke the fire before allowing it to die from my unwillingness to tear myself away from this book to tend it. This story definitely earns a PYOL rating in my book.

     The only thing that I didn't like, was its conclusion. If you are going to read this book, be aware that you will want to invest the time to read David Estes' entire trilogy. Once you read the first installment, you will need to read the others.

     This review was originally published on A Goddess of Frugality on Dec 21, 2011.

No comments:

Post a Comment