Wednesday, August 8, 2012

Review of Demon Evolution by David Estes

Demon Evolution
Book Two in The Evolution Series
by David Estes

     Demon Evolution picks up right where Angel Evolution left off. I'm not going to say where exactly. I'm a little hesitant to give much of a synopsis for those who haven't read Angel Evolution yet. I don't want to spoil it. Angels vs. Demons, good vs. evil, add in a couple of teenage romances with their usual angst and volatile mood swings and you have a wonderful combination of assorted conflicts and adventure.

     Estes brilliantly uses small cliffhangers and foreshadowing to keep you in that state of "oh, one more chapter before I" ... fill in the blank. That urge of suspense and yearning to know what will happen next left me turning pages long after my sense of responsibility had ordered me to bed for the night.

     David displays great skill at moving the story along without it being too fast paced and hard to keep up with. There is just no way around it, I must give this a PYOL rating. While I haven't read the third book in the series yet, I suspect the entire series will earn my highest rating/warning that my family must Plan Your Own Life because nothing short of a house fire will tear me away from this book. I'm sure I would even grab my Kindle on my way out the door. I need something to do while waiting for fire rescue after all.

No comments:

Post a Comment