Wednesday, August 15, 2012

Review of Archangel Evolution

Archangel Evolution
Book Three in the Evolution series
by David Estes

     Dionysus was the first demon to evolve into an angel. Now he has figured out how to evolve into a super-angel. Stronger, faster, more powerful than ever. The entire archangel council uses the same technique to create a new species calling themselves archangels. They also have some new, very cool parlor tricks to add to their fighting capabilities. Is it enough to finally defeat the demons and annihilate the species?

     I suffered a bit of trepidation through this story. Knowing this was the last book in the series, I worried about separation anxiety as I was not ready to give up my new "friends" when I finished the series.

     Estes developed the characters skillfully and made them fully three dimensional in my mind. I want to plan a road trip to go hang out with the gang at college, eating mushroom pizza and playing pool. Visit the Lair and watch gargoyle training sessions. Spend some time flirting with a hunky supernatural being to find my own soul mate.

     The different settings were so well described that I can picture them easily in my mind's eye and believe that they are real places that I can go visit.

     I cannot stress enough how enjoyable this series was. I have been wanting to read it since I had originally read Angel Evolution back in December of 2011. It was well worth the wait and did not disappoint even with all the anticipation that I had built up. My advice: take a couple days off work and send the kids to summer camp because you gotta read this series.

No comments:

Post a Comment