Sunday, June 2, 2013

Books Influence Daily Life

     I find it humorous how something I've read will pop into my head for different reasons. I find that I can no longer walk a long distance without "pick them up, put them down" floating into my thoughts - a line from Richard Bachman/Stephen King's The Long Walk.

     Normally when I crawl out of bed in the morning, I am in what my daughter refers to as "zombie mode". Like a good zombie I stand in front of the coffee pot and mutter "Grains" to myself while waiting for that first cup to brew. I realize this makes no sense, it is coffee grounds and not grains, but I'm a zombie so don't expect me to make any sense. This morning however, after recently finishing Tolkien's Lord of the Rings series, I found myself in front of the coffee pot repeating the words "my precious".

No comments:

Post a Comment