Sunday, June 30, 2013

The Return of the King - Listen While You Work Book Review

What I listened to ...

cover art for audiobook The Return of the King by J.R.R. Tolkien The Return of the King
by J.R.R. Tolkien
Third book in The Lord of The Rings trilogy
Genres: Adventure, Classic,
   Fantasy, Young Adult
Narrator: Rob Inglis

     Finally! The big epic battle of good vs. evil. Knew it was coming up somewhere in this book. All of the assorted beings we have crossed paths with (elves, dwarves, ents, etc) have put aside their own differences and banded together to defeat the Dark Lord Sauron and his own troop of fantastical creatures. The story is packed full of tension and suspense during this epic battle. Wonderful conclusion to the trilogy but in all honesty, I think this is a series of books that I really need to read on my own before attempting to listen to the audiobook. There is just so much going on that it is really quite easy to get lost.

I give it 4 star review graphic 4 stars!

What I worked on ...

     I know, I know, I said I'd hold off on the slippers, but these were so cute, how could I not make them once the idea popped into my head? I don't have a whole lot to show for this book as I also have a couple more new slipper patterns that I have started but did not get them finished before the book was completed. It is fairly frequent that I am actually working on several projects at once, especially when the different projects use the same skein of yarn.

2 comments:

  1. Favorite book out of the three. I should try and listen to them next time I want to dive into that world. ^.^

    ReplyDelete
  2. Way to multi-task! Those booties are so cute! I used to like those kinds of books, maybe an audio book is what I need.

    ReplyDelete