Wednesday, June 12, 2013

Harlow Drown - Book Review

book cover art for Harlow Drown by N.G. Green Harlow Drown
by N.G. Green
Paranormal, Thriller

     Harlow Drown is an incredibly powerful witch and vampire hunter. She assumes the role as the head of the Vampire Division of the supernatural government after her mother's death. It is up to Harlow to hunt down and stop a vampirical monster who loves nothing more than killing and turning children, and creating illegal unstoppable sentry vampires. To add more fuel to the flame, Harlow discovers that the vampire she is after is the same monster which killed her mother.

     I'm not a huge fan of vampire stories. I don't hate them but it isn't my goal in life to absorb each and every vampire story ever written, like some readers. I think it is my logical mind. I can't tell you how many times that I was mentally yelling at Harlow "Use your paralyzing spell!" But of course if she remembered to use it all the time, there would be no suspense and very little conflict to the story. But I still can't help but think, "But why didn't she do ...?" Duh, it's fiction, get over it, I tell myself.

     With that said - or rambled actually, sorry - even though I'm not particularly drawn to vampire stories I did really enjoy this one. The characters and situations were very compelling. The action is fast paced without leaving the reader in the dust scratching their head failing to keep up. The editing errors are few and far between. I found this book extremely entertaining and well worth the time that it took to read.

I give it 4 star review graphic 4 stars!

No comments:

Post a Comment