Thursday, September 24, 2015

Day 11 of the Tackle Your TBR Read-a-thon

     Today I'm going to cover not only my update for the day but my findings for today's challenge: A Scavenger hunt! Fun, fun! Princessica of Books posted this challenge. Here are my findings for it...

Books that You Have Read at Least Twice!

Pride and Prejudice by Jane Austin
Count of Monte Cristo by Alexandre Dumas
Bid Time Return by Richard Matheson
All of the Harry Potter books by J.K. Rowling
We read A Christmas Carol by Charles Dickens every Christmas and I've read many of his other books several times.

A Cover-Lust Book (a book that has a beautiful cover)!

Fire Country (The Country Saga, #1)Fire Country by David Estes
The GuardianThe Guardian by Nicholas Sparks

A Book You Always Recommend!

Count of Monte Cristo by Alexandre Dumas - I love this story. Revenge is a dish best served cold, yet this book tells a tale of where Edmond merely gives his "victims" enough rope to hang themselves by. If not for their own greed and/or misdeeds they would have been unscathed by his vengeance.

A Book That Has A Kick-Butt Female Protagonist!

Hands down, I'd have to answer Adele from David Estes' Dwellers series (Moon Dwellers, Star Dwellers, Sun Dwellers, Earth Dwellers). The entire series is just incredible.

Now, for my update. I finished the Agatha Christie book that I started yesterday and began Historical Mysteries by Andrew Lang.

The ABC MurdersThe ABC Murders by Agatha Christie
207pp I give it 3 star review graphic 3 stars.

While I have enjoyed Christie's ingenuity, I really don't care much for Poirot and I think I've finally put my finger on why. I think it is the fact that it annoys me that there are phrases and entire sentences that Poirot mutters in French that I have no means of easily translating. Then I feel as though I may be missing something - which is not at all useful in mysteries.

View all my reviews

Total Books Finished: 14
Total Pages Read: 2610

No comments:

Post a Comment