Yes, the real world has gotten in the way of my reading once again. I have gotten out of the habit of reviewing and blogging since the majority of he books that I read these days are beta/ARC versions and not published yet. I have actually been reading, and have on occasion actually emailed some assorted thoughts and perceptions to myself to turn into a rview at some point, but sadly never found the time to do so - not yet at any rate. But, I visited goodreads one day and saw that a fiend had joined a group for a read-a-thon and thought hey, maybe that is precisely what I need to motivate me to read more than I have been. So I'm going to give this a whirl.
I had stated my goal to either catch up on my reading challenge (I was 18 books behind) or to get my "To read" shelf lower than my "Read" shelf, once again - which would require reading 21 books. PHEW! That's a pretty hefty goal even if it is a 2 week event. What I hadn't thought about was that anything I read before the marathon started would acually decrease my goals, so I am going to stick to 18-21 books as my goal.
I set up a special shelf on my goodreads. However, I did this using the goodreads app on my phone and auto-correct did not care much for "thon" as a word and did what it did best and corrected it. I thought it was cute and left it as read-a-ton which is just as apt. I scoured my TBR list for those books that were first added - back in 2011. Admittedly I avoided those books over 400 pages but also didn't pad my shelf with a bunch of books under 50 pages either. I have my 21 books selected and on this shelf, ready to go. As usual, my tastes are eclectic - you will find classics, romances, thrillers, horrors, mysteries, and nonfiction on my list.
- The ABC Murders - Christie, Agatha - 207pp
- Along Came a Spider - Patterson, James - 435pp
- Another Fine Myth (Myth Adventures, #1) - Asprin, Robert - 208pp
- Big Driver - King, Stephen - 198pp
- The Book of Dragons - Nesbit, E. - 150pp
- Ethan Frome - Wharton, Edith - 89pp
- Falling for Nick - James, Joleen - 217pp
- The God Project - Saul, John - 280pp
- The Great Gatsby - Fitzgerald, F. Scott - 192pp
- Haunted - Cross, Willow - 26pp
- Her Secret Bodyguard - Crews, Misha - 157pp
- Historical Mysteries - Lang, Andrew - 311pp
- Innocent Little Crimes - Lakin, C.S. - 235pp
- A Little Bit of Déjà Vu (Return to Redemption, #1) - Kellogg, Laurie - 246pp
- Murder On the Orient Express - Christie, Agatha - 213pp
- Out of Time (Out of Time, #1) - Martin, Monique - 294pp
- Pride and Prejudice and Zombies - Grahame-Smith, Seth - 319pp
- Titanic with ZOMBIES - Brown, Richard - 241pp
- The Vampire With the Dragon Tattoo - Rain, J.R. - 70pp
- We Have Always Lived in the Castle - Jackson, Shirley - 146pp
- What America Was Really Like in 1776 - Fleming, Thomas J. - 22pp