Tuesday, September 15, 2015

Day 2 of the Tackle Your TBR Read-a-thon

     I started off slow yesterday, having had to go back to work as half expected, and only got about 2/3 of the way through my first book, Pride and Prejudice and Zombies. I finished it this morning, plowed through my second book - Haunted by Willow Cross which is shortish but has been on my TBR since I read her Birthright series back in 2011, and started my third book Falling for Nick by Joleen James.

So, in a nutshell ...

Pride and Prejudice and Zombies

by Seth Grahame-Smith
319 pp.
4 star review graphic 4 stars!

     On one hand, I read this with the same abject horror that I watched the remake of Willy Wonka, thinking OMG what did they do to this classic story? On the other hand, if read with tongue in cheek, some of the additions to the storyline may be found humorous, if not entirely fitting. But if you are going to read a romance, you might as well liven it up with zombies right?

Haunted

by Willow Cross
26 pp.
3 star review graphic 3 stars.

     Maybe not as fascinating as Willow Cross's fictional stories, still a pleasant entertainment when you are short on time. Cross recounts true life experiences of brushes with the paranormal.

Total for Read-a-thon so far ... 345 pp.

No comments:

Post a Comment