Wednesday, November 14, 2012

Secrets - Featured Author Review

book cover art of Secrets by Danielle Steel Secrets
by Danielle Steel
Genre: Romance

     Picking a second favorite Steel book to re-read was a tough choice. There are so many. I had planned to read Zoya but while searching for it on my bookshelf I literally exclaimed outloud "Ooh! Secrets!" I'm sure my brother thought that I was nuts. I read the bookflap which described some of the characters. It was like running into old friends that I had forgotten I'd ever had. Sorry Zoya, maybe next time.

     Secrets is a complex character study, 6 people with intricate detailed histories and everybody is guarding a secret, except one. It is interesting to see how one person's secret affects another and yet other times where the secret is more mortifying to the holder while others think of it as inconsequential.

     This is a powerful plot that reflects how our past and present situations help to shape us into the people that we are today. There is also a subtle lesson that sometimes we can think that we are perfectly happy with our lives until something changes, and the change may seem dreadful at the time, but the new life we are left with is actually happier and/or less stressful once the dust settles.

I give it 5 star review graphic 5 stars!

No comments:

Post a Comment