Monday, March 25, 2013

Promise - Pick of the Month Book Review

Book cover art for Promise by Kristie Cook Promise
Soul Savers #1
by Kristie Cook
Genres: Fantasy, Paranormal,
   Romance, Young Adult

     This book started out really good. The main female character was strong, independent, willfull and had the ability to just keep plodding on, no matter what life threw at her. As a college freshman she was writing her first novel - an adaptation of a strange otherworldly dream or possibly real situation that she encountered.

     The book was hard to put down as I craved to know what would happen next and just what type of paranormal creatures Alexis and her mom were - because they obviously are not completely human. Then, IT happens. Alexis falls in love and immediately becomes clingy, needy, whiny, and annoying. The numerous declarations of love are sickeningly sweet and made me roll my eyes. Then let's throw in a "he loves me, he loves me not" scenario just "for fun".

     I had been looking forward to reading this book since I had downloaded it. The premise sounded incredibly appealing and interesting. The characters were intriguing. The first half of the book was promising while the remainder was just painful.

     I'm not sure if I would read more of this series, even if all the books were free.

I give it 2 star review graphic 2 stars.

No comments:

Post a Comment