Monday, February 11, 2013

The Life of Thomas Edison - Review

book cover art of American Legends: The Life of Thomas Edison by Charles River Editors American Legends: The Life of Thomas Edison
by Charles Rivers Editors
Genre: Biography

     I saw this on Amazon as a free book some time ago and downloaded it to review today ... the day that this great inventor was born. I'm not much of a biography reader, but I do like to shake things up a bit and review one from time to time to add a little mixture to the genres that are reviewed on my site. As far as biographies go, this was pretty good. I learned lots of new information that I had not known about Edison before. The first half of the book was not at all dry or boring. The second half of the book is merely a list of his patents which shows that the man was a genius and there was no aspect of technology that he was unwilling to tackle. But it is just a list of his accomplishments and as such lacks much of a plot ;)

     With only about 50 pages of actual reading, this book is a nice way to honor a man who shaped our lives by perfecting the technology that laid down the foundation for many of the gadgets we use today.

I give it 3 star review graphic 3 stars.

No comments:

Post a Comment