Saturday, May 5, 2012

Ghost Hunting Diary - Book Review

book cover art of Ghost Hunting Diary by T.M. SimmonsGhost Hunting Diary Volume 1
by T.M. Simmons
Genre: Paranormal

     I'm currently reading a book that I would not normally have chosen on my own. I have been enjoying it immensely. Keeping this in mind, I decided for my monthly nonfiction pick, to try something that I wouldn't normally read but seemed interesting.

     Those that don't believe in ghosts, or atleast have an open mind on the subject, probably shouldn't read this book. They would just think it hogwash or superstitious drivel. There are quite a few interesting stories in this book, but I find it hard to judge if the quality of the storytelling makes up for all of the errors.

     It was actually kind of entertaining when I realized that not only the author capitalized The Light when talking of a ghost moving on towards The Light, but anytime as well. Turn on The Light in the hall. Hand me The Lighter fluid. It got old pretty quick though. There were also a lot of repetitive explanations that made it obvious that the stories were written individually, and then compiled for a book. The repetitions became annoying after a while.

     The stories are not overly scary where I lost any sleep over them. However, I might caution some about reading this after dark, especially if you live in an older house with tons of creaks and groans of its own like I do.

     All in all, it is a nice little read that didn't take very long.

I give it 4 star review graphic 4 stars!

No comments:

Post a Comment