Friday, May 18, 2012

His Good Opinion - Pick of the Month Review

book cover art of His Good Opinion by Nancy KelleyHis Good Opinion:
  A Mr. Darcy Novel
by Nancy Kelley
Genre: Historical Romance, Romance,   Fan Fiction Sequel

     It is not a sequel. It is not a continuation. It IS Pride and Prejudice but from Mr. Darcy's point of view. It makes me think of when I was a teen and rewrote Richard Matheson's Bid Time Return from Elise McKenna's viewpoint.

     Reading this book gave me the same feeling as watching a movie after having read the book. I knew where the story was headed but some scenes just didn't jibe. I'm not sure if it is my faulty memory but there were a few occasions where I was thinking, no that part happened earlier, or I could have sworn she'd said something different there.

     I must admit that this story made me want to read Pride and Prejudice again. Not just to compare the inconsistencies that I think that I remember, but because the original was just such an incredible story in the first place. The author definitely does justice to the original characters and does a fine job of retelling the story.

I give it 5 star review graphic 5 stars!

No comments:

Post a Comment