Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Top Ten Tuesday - Stephen King Quotes

  1. “Books are a uniquely portable magic.”
    ― Stephen King

  2. “Good books don't give up all their secrets at once.”
    ― Stephen King 

  3. “A short story is a different thing all together - a short story is like a kiss in the dark from a stranger.”
    ― Stephen King, Skeleton Crew  

  4. “I think that we're all mentally ill. Those of us outside the asylums only hide it a little better - and maybe not all that much better after all.”
    ― Stephen King

  5. “Books are the perfect entertainment: no commercials, no batteries, hours of enjoyment for each dollar spent. What I wonder is why everybody doesn't carry a book around for those inevitable dead spots in life.”
    ― Stephen King

  6. “We make up horrors to help us cope with the real ones.”
    ― Stephen King

  7. “I recognize terror as the finest emotion and so I will try to terrorize the reader. But if I find that I cannot terrify, I will try to horrify, and if I find that I cannot horrify, I'll go for the gross-out. I'm not proud. ”
    ― Stephen King

  8. “If I have to spend time in purgatory before going to one place or the other, I guess I'll be all right as long as there's a lending library.”
    ― Stephen King

  9. “No one ever does live happily ever after, but we leave the children to find that out for themselves.”
    ― Stephen King, Wolves of the Calla 

  10. “Reading a good long novel is in many ways like having a long and satisfying affair”
    ― Stephen King


Quotes provided by goodreads

No comments:

Post a Comment