Sunday, October 7, 2012

Daughters of Darkness - Review

Daughters of Darkness
Book Two in series
by L. J. Smith
Genres: Paranormal, Romance, young adult

     This second book in Smith's Night Wold series is completely autonomous. It makes complete sense whether you read the first book or not. In Secret Vampire we had briefly met Ash, James' bad boy cousin who relished the hunt and killing of humans.

     In this adventure in the Night World we meet Jade, Rowan, and Kestrel - vampire sisters on the run from their family and the family's old fashioned male dominated traditions. Ash is dispatched to find his sisters and to bring them back home. On this quest he finds the unexpected, his soulmate, and she's human. Can love tame the savage beast?

     I'm not real big on the whole vampire movement. I don't dislike vampire stories but I don't seek them out either. I have to say that I am enjoying this series immensely though. The characters are so well defined they begin to feel like someone you might know personally. The situations are enthralling as the plot just sucks you right into it. A neighbor had given me these books and I'm very glad that he did, otherwise I may never have stumbled into the Night World on my own.

No comments:

Post a Comment