Monday, October 8, 2012

The Ouijiers - Book Review

The Ouijiers
by Matthew Ballotti
Genres: Science Fiction, Horror

     In all honestly, I didn't have very high expectations for this book. I had downloaded it out of curiosity because the author is a frequent caller on a pod cast that I listen to, and because it was free. But this book was incredible.

     Paul buys a Ouija board as research for the college paper he is writing for his occult history class. Strange things begin to happen immediately. This story asks the ages old question "Are Ouija boards truly doorways into another plane of existance?" Take this theory one step further and suppose that it is not a one-way doorway and you have the main plot of The Ouijiers.

     This story is fast paced with plenty of action, plot twists, and unknowns. It was sufficiently spooky enough that I decided to hold off on reviewing it so that I could include it in my October reviews leading up to Halloween. While reading this book you WILL believe in magic, that anything is possible, and question if good will always triumph over evil.

     I highly recommend this book and give it the outstanding rating of PYOL. The only regret that I have is that I didn't download all of Ballotti's books while they were free.

This book will be free on Amazon on October 10, 2012

I give it PYOL review graphic my personal PYOL rating!

No comments:

Post a Comment