Saturday, April 28, 2012

Ghosts of Varner Creek - Pick of the Month Book Review

book cover art for Ghosts of Varner Creek by Michael WeemsThe Ghosts of Varner Creek
by Michael Weems
Genre: Paranormal, Drama

     Such a sad tale of abuse. Solomon has a rare gift, he can see spirits. He spins a tale of his childhood, his mother beaten by his drunken father who had also abused Sol. Until one morning he wakes up and his mother and sister are gone.

     Have a box of tissues handy while reading this book, even I got teary eyed. Even the few editing errors took nothing away from the plot. While technically this story would be considered paranormal because of Sol's abilities, it is truly a drama that reveals the horrors that humans can create for themselves.

     The story gives a heart wrenching twist right near the conclusion that left me ... speechless, I guess. I have no words to describe the ache and sorrow that I felt as the events unfolded. Not quite a PYOL as it is a bit slow moving until about midway, but I would qualify it as a must read.

I give it 5 star review graphic 5 stars!

No comments:

Post a Comment