Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Legion of Bats Book Tour - Book Review

book cover art for Legion of Bats by Shadow Stevens Legion of Bats
by Shadow Stevens
Genres: Paranormal, Fantasy

     Zoe has always felt like an outsider. Arrested after an arson that she couldn't have conceivably committed, she is taken to what looks to be a mental hospital and finds that nothing in life is as it appears to be.

     I was a little skeptical of this book, based on its title. I had assumed it would be yet another vampire story, but it has nothing to do with vampires or bats. This was an incredibly fun and enjoyable read. The characters are very personable, likable, and fairly well defined. There weren't a whole lot of plot twists or suspense, yet there was that urgency of wanting to know what is going to happen next.

     I'm going to try to use kid gloves regarding the editing. Anyone who follows my reviews knows that I'm pretty hard on editors. Mainly it is the paid professionals, who fall asleep on the job, that I take issue with. With today's unemployment rate, I feel that if you are lucky enough to have a job, you should do it well. Shadow Stevens notes in her acknowledgements that her mother did the editing. I don't want to hurt anyone's feelings, but I'm sorry, I have to be honest. I will simply state that this book could use another read through, and leave it at that.

     This is only the second book that I have reviewed that I think deserves the rating of PYOL "Plan Your Own Life", meaning that my family needs to make their own dinner arrangements and locate their own socks etc. because not many things are going to tear me away from this book. If I had started reading earlier in the day, I would very easily have read it in one sitting. This is Shadow Stevens' first published work and I think she shows great promise.

I give it PYOL review graphic my personal PYOL rating!

     This post is brought you by Ever After PR. I was provided with a free copy of the book for the purpose of this honest review composed entirely of my own opinions.

1 comment:

  1. Thank you for excellent review of Legion of Bats
    Mandie
    Promotional Book Tours

    ReplyDelete