Friday, April 27, 2012

Intimate Strangers by Laura Taylor - Pick of the Month Book Review

book cover art for Intimate Strangers by Laura TaylorIntimate Strangers
by Laura Taylor
Genres: Romance, Suspense,
   Romantic Suspense

     I hate to admit it, but I related more to the male character in this book. Hurt and betrayed one time too many to allow himself to trust, Nicholas was suspicious when Hannah wandered into his life.

     Did I mention that Nicholas had a dark past and built himself a fortress in the woods? Some might consider him paranoid, but he prefers to just consider himself cautious. Suddenly a stubborn, petite woman with a shapely hour glass figure arrives at his door and he finds himself aroused just looking at her.

     Hannah is fairly inexperienced with men and finds herself confronted by an adonis... tall, sculpted hard body, low deep voice that makes a girl weak at the knees, and exudes animal magnetism. Plus he's got the whole bad boy thing going on.

     It doesn't take long before they give in to the electrical charge that passes between them. The scenes depicting their carnal desires were more graphic than I am used to and I could probably have read this book in the dark, the words illuminated by the glow of the blush of my cheeks.

     I'm not a big fan of romance novels and am starting to wonder if I should stop reviewing them. I do it primarily because they are popular and many people do enjoy them and want to hear about them. But I really doubt that I do romance books much justice. The writing was good, with very few editing errors. The characters were believable and very likable. There was no guy gets girl, guy loses girl, girl hates guy because of a misunderstanding ... on and on, kind of plot.

     I guess I have just gotten too cynical in my old age to be much of a rommantic. Instead of finishing a book and envisioning the characters living happily ever after, I give them less than 12 months before her constant chattering, which he teases her about, will be driving him nuts. She will realize that she knows practically nothing about him. And the spark of chemistry that they had enjoyed at the beginning really is just lust after all.

     If you enjoy romances that border on erotica, you will probably really enjoy this book.

I give it 3 star review graphic 3 stars.

No comments:

Post a Comment