Friday, April 13, 2012

The Legend of Sleepy Hollow - Review

book cover art of The Legend of Sleepy Hollow by Washington Irving The Legend of Sleepy Hollow
by Washington Irving
Genres: Classic, Suspense

     Washing Irving uses flowery prose to establish the setting of a sleepy little backwater town, kind of hard to imagine considering the story is set in New York, somewhere along the Hudson, which is incredibly populated these days. I consider myself to have a decent vocabulary but there were many words that I needed to look up while reading this, one of many things I love about my Kindle. It is so easy to look up word definitions while reading.

     Many people are familiar with the legend of the headless horseman, and I was quite surprised by how involved the story was in detailing the every day life of Ichabod Crane, and very little of the story actually involves the horseman. While this book is very short in reality, it is chock full of suspense and general spookiness. Well worth the half hour it took to read. I can see this being a favorite story to read around Halloween.

I give it 4 star review graphic 4 stars!

No comments:

Post a Comment