Sunday, December 9, 2012

5-B Poppy Lane - Serial Sunday Review

5-B Poppy Lane by Debbie Macomber 5-B Poppy Lane
by Debbie Macomber
#5.5 in Cedar Cove series
Gebre: Romance

     I chose Macomber's Cedar Cove series this month as it was the closest that I could find for a series with a Christmas theme. As I do not own all of the books of this series, nor does my library, I'm going to break from tradition and review only some of the series. As I have stated previously, I'm not fond of starting the series in the middle of it, but I am glad that I did not bypass the opportunity of reading these books as they are highly enjoyable.

     This installment of the series is quite short but really packs a whallop as it actually contains three love stories. A young couple is visiting the woman's grandmother as she recounts her story of her first love and their activities in the French Resistance during World War II , subsequently meeting her second love and the struggle she'd overcome of falling in love with a soldier, the same difficulty that the granddaughter is having an issue with.

No comments:

Post a Comment