Tuesday, December 25, 2012

Merry Christmas - Top Ten Tuesday

     I would like to wish you the Merriest of Christmases from my family to yours. In honor of the holiday, instead of a top ten, it's the twelve days of Christmas quotes.

     On the first day of Christmas Maya Angelou said to me, “I've learned that you can tell a lot about a person by the way (s)he handles these three things: a rainy day, lost luggage, and tangled Christmas tree lights.”

     On the second day of Christmas J.K. Rowling said to me, “One can never have enough socks," said Dumbledore. "Another Christmas has come and gone and I didn't get a single pair. People will insist on giving me books.” (Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone)

     On the third day of Christmas George Carlin said to me, “The main reason Santa is so jolly is because he knows where all the bad girls live.”

     On the fourth day of Christmas Dr. Seuss said to me, “And the Grinch, with his Grinch-feet ice cold in the snow, stood puzzling and puzzling, how could it be so? It came without ribbons. It came without tags. It came without packages, boxes or bags. And he puzzled and puzzled 'till his puzzler was sore. Then the Grinch thought of something he hadn't before. What if Christmas, he thought, doesn't come from a store. What if Christmas, perhaps, means a little bit more.” (How the Grinch Stole Christmas)

     On the fifth day of Christmas Ronald Reagan said to me, “Christmas can be celebrated in the school room with pine trees, tinsel and reindeers, but there must be no mention of the man whose birthday is being celebrated. One wonders how a teacher would answer if a student asked why it was called Christmas.”

     On the sixth day of Christmas Erma Bombeck said to me, “There's nothing sadder in this world than to awake Christmas morning and not be a child.”

     On the seventh day of Christmas Jean Fritz said to me, “When I discovered libraries, it was like having Christmas every day.”

     On the eighth day of Christmas Laura Ingalls Wilder said to me, “Our hearts grow tender with childhood memories and love of kindred, and we are better throughout the year for having, in spirit, become a child again at Christmas-time.”

     On the ninth day of Christmas Mary Ellen Chase said to me, “Christmas, children, is not a date. It is a state of mind. ”

     On the tenth day of Christmas Bob Hope said to me, “My idea of Christmas, whether old-fashioned or modern, is very simple: loving others. Come to think of it, why do we have to wait for Christmas to do that?”

     On the eleventh day of Christmas Charles M. Schulz said to me, “Christmas is doing a little something extra for someone.”

     On the twelfth day of Christmas Larry Wilde said to me, “Never worry about the size of your Christmas tree. In the eyes of children, they are all thirty feet tall.”

No comments:

Post a Comment