Wednesday, December 12, 2012

Santa's Twin by Dean Koontz - Featured Review

Sant's Twin by Dean Koontz Santa's Twin
by Dean Koontz
Genre: Children

     This became a traditional Christmas Eve read shortly after my mom gave it to me. We read it every year. Last year was the first year that my neice had joined us on Christmas Eve and even at the age of 24, she enjoyed it as much as my 12 year old did.

     The story is written in the form of a humorous poem that tells of two brave sisters who defeat Santa's berzerk twin and go to the North Pole to rescue Santa and save Christmas. Talk about sibling rivalry, I guess it would be hard to be Santa's brother.

     Each page has a snowman hidden in the illustrations, some are easy to find while others are not quite so obvious. As I am old and forgetful, and we only read it once a year, we haven't managed to memorize where the snowmen are hiding even after reading it for so long.

     There is a sequel to the original story titled Robot Santa: The Further Adventures of Santa's Twin,that I have yet to manage to get a copy of, but still hope to one day. It is offered on amazon this year at least, where it hasn't been in past years.

No comments:

Post a Comment